Another of our series of Web Operas, containing all of the music and dialogue for this one act opera. This is a great way to become familiar with this very rare one act opera, with its own very special brand of humour and some tuneful music.
Our special thanks to Ronald Orenstein for sequencing all the MIDI files (except No. 4) and to David Stone for providing the vocal score.
You can listen to the Web Opera on-line by following the links below, or you can download the midi files and text libretto files in a zip file for off-line listening.
- »Opening Dialogue [START HERE]
- No. 1. When Sunny Summer Ripens Corn
- [9K, 2 minutes] Sung by Horace.
- No. 2. My Heart Goes Pit-a-Pat
- [20K, 3 min. 14 seconds] Sung by Winifred and Horace.
- No. 3. My Smelling Salts Get
- [16K, 2 min. 11 seconds] Sung by Winifred, Lady Bushey and Horace
- No. 4. Jericho's Jams
- [14K, 2 minutes] Sung by Mr. Jericho.
- No. 5. There Came to Maiden Innocence
- [11K, 2 min. 27 seconds] Sung by Lady Bushey and Mr. Jericho.
- No. 6. Who, Alas! Would Be A Peer?
- [18K, 2 min. 16 seconds] Sung by Winifred, Lady Bushey, Horace, Mr. Jericho, and Michael.
- No. 7. Soon There Shall Ring (Finale)
- [12K, 1 min. 6 seconds] Sung by Winifred, Lady Bushey, Horace, Mr. Jericho, and Michael.
31 August, 2011
Copyright © 2007 The Gilbert and Sullivan Archive All Rights Reserved