Sequenced by Colin Johnson from a piano score.
ACT I - Interior of the Palace of Vingolia. View of the Royal Art Galleries.
- No. 1 - Introduction, Trio and Chorus - "When Ferdinand came to Vingolia throne..."
- No. 2 - Chorus - "Hail our King in regal splendour, lo, His Majesty appears..."
- No. 3 - Song with Chorus - King - "I was born upon a Sunday, at the early age of one day..."
- No. 4 - Song - Felice - "In the forest, in the forest, ah! how joyful are the days..."
- No. 5 - Duet - Felice and Boodel - "Now what's you age? ... It's hard to fix, because ... Of course, I know your tricks..."
- No. 6 - Quartet - Gertrude, Adam, Boodel and Felice - "Who goes home? Who goes home?..."
- No. 7 - Duet - Felice and King - "Why, oh why this cruel mockery? You've treated me as crockery is treated..."
- No. 8 - Septett - Cosmo, Vincentius, Michael, Duchess, Schnippentrimmer, Clarkstein and King - "He doesn't explain..."
- No. 9 - Female Chorus - "The mistress we adore is about to enter here. O bright Lucilla Chloris, appear, Princess, appear."
- No. 9a - Song - Chloris and Chorus - "Delightful, oh delightful, I feel inclined to shout..."
- No. 10 - Serenade - Max - "Fair Chloris, let me be thy slave..."
- No. 11 - Quartett - Felice, Chloris, Max and Boodel - "I shall wear velvet and satin that speckless is..."
- No. 12 - Coon Song - "In de music-hally pieces when de rumpty tumpty leases..."
- No. 13 - Beard Chorus - "By the King's decree, all of us are hirsute..."
- No. 14 - Finale Act I - "War, the very word inspires us; Lo, the tempest wakes again..."
ACT II - On the Vingolia Ramparts. Preparations for War.
14 January 2017
Copyright © 2010-7 Paul Howarth All Rights Reserved.