Sources of Contrabandista Scores and Recordings
You can obtain copies of Contrabandista scores from the following locations. They offer online, or at least e-mail, ordering, and shipment to anywhere in the world.
Archive — The Vocal Score published by Boosey
in 1871 can be downloaded in a variety of formats from the Internet
- IMSLP — The Vocal Score published by Boosey in 1871 can be downloaded
in PDF format from IMSLP.
- New full orchestral/conducting score of The Contrabandista published by The Amber Ring. Complete orchestral material is also available.
- Christopher Browne's Gilbert & Sullivan Catalogue - Many different items, including books, libretti, sheet music, postcards, posters and recordings.
- R.Clyde Music Publisher - A music publisher specializing in the works of Arthur Sullivan, with an emphasis on his non-Gilbert works. Offers for sale a vocal score and full score for Cox and Box , as well as the vocal score for The Zoo . In addition, they have for hire vocal scores and orchestral parts for The Chieftain, The Contrabandista, Cox and Box, Haddon Hall , and The Zoo .
- Vocal scores and libretti of The Contrabandista may be rented from St. David's Players of Cullompton, Exeter, England. Send queries to Ian Bond at Ian@kentisview.freeserve.co.uk .
- Ray Walker has available for purchase a reprint of the Boosey edition of the score from about 1871. Background notes on the German Reeds and Burnand plus an engraving of St. George's Hall are included. 89 pages. £14, plus postage (£5.50 to the United States). Requires money order in Sterling made out to Ray Walker.
- Hyperion Records have released a complete recording of this opera, coupled with the incidental music to The Foresters.
- Chris Webster's SOUNDS on CD has issued a transfer of the Prince Consort recording of The Contrabandista (coupled with The Chieftain.)
- Douglas Whaley has made a recording of The Contrabandista with piano accompaniment but with complete dialogue. He has transferred this recording to CD, and is happy to supply copies to anyone who would like one. The cost is $5.00 (US) to cover postage and packing. Send an email message to Doug for further information about this recording.