|Sullivan > Major Works > The Golden Legend > Alexandra Palace 1911
Sullivan’s Golden Legend was given at the Alexandra Palace on Saturday evening by the Alexandra Palace Choral and Orchestral Society to an audience of several hundreds of people. The Society muster something like a thousand voices and instruments, and their performances during the season are thoroughly appreciated by music-lovers in North London.
Saturday’s performance was under the able conductorship of Mr. Allen Gill and was quite up to the usual standard. The soloists were Miss Violet Elliot, Mr. Lloyd Chandos, Mr. Thorpe Bates, Mr. Reginald Gooud, and Miss Ida Kahn. They were well supported by an excellently trained chorus.
The Golden Legend was preceded by Sullivan’s Overture “Di Ballo” and Parry’s Blest Pair of Sirens.
Page modified 12 January, 2010 Copyright © 2010 The Gilbert and Sullivan Archive All Rights Reserved.