Sequenced by Colin Johnson
ACT I - A Public Square.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus - "Night is done, but it is not day, only a twilight, quiet and grey..."
- No. 2 - Quartet - Laoula, Aloës, Tabasco & Tapioca - "Hush! hark! is anyone near? Hist! ha! can anyone hear?..."
- No. 3 - Song - Laoula - "When I was a child of three, heigh-ho! Long ago! Happy as a child could be..."
- No. 4 - Serenade - Lazuli - "Say little star, when the soft summer glow trembles and dies out of the skies..."
- No. 5 - Trio - Laoula, Aloës, & Lazuli - "Of our disguise advantage take, he won't know who we are..."
- No. 6 - Chorus - "Bring on our King, in a stately and solemn procession..."
- No. 6a - Song - King & Chorus - "I'm a king in everything, I am glorious, great, and good..."
- No. 7 - Finale Act I - "Young man, you have dared to strike the King!..."
ACT II - Throne-Room in the King's Palace.
- No. 8 - Opening Chorus, with Oasis & Asphodel - "Lolling in sinuous feminine fashion, over a downy divan..."
- No. 9 - Song - Lazuli & Chorus - "There was a minstrel gay who at the break of day..."
- No. 10 - Quintet - King, Siroco, Lazuli, Tabasco & Tapioca - "It's the husband, harsh and hated, as I formerly related..."
- No. 11 - Chorus - Entrance of the Ambassador - "In a courtly train let us welcome with dutiful homage..."
- No. 12 - Elopement Trio - Lazuli, Laoula & King - "Together, darling, let us roam, with staff and scrip and pocket-comb..."
- No. 13 - Song - King & Chorus - "In an African land, that chiefly was sand, an Ostrich went his way..."
- No. 14 - Finale Act II - "It's a shot! Then a lot! Did they pot him, yes or not? ..."
ACT III - A Summer-Room in the Palace.
Page modified 20 September 2016 Copyright © 2016 Paul Howarth All Rights Reserved